The summer holidays are upon us and we’re all on countdown to September when the children all go back to school.
Never, ever will we complain about the summer holidays again!!
As much as I’m looking forward to the start of term I'll be sad to see them off again. I often ask myself “how can I make the most of this time with them?”. This quote always resonates and hits me when I see it!!
So I thought I would pull a few ideas together on how to make the best memories over the summer.
- Make a family memory book. If you’ve not managed to create a lockdown time capsule then how about creating a family memory book from this time. You could pull your favourite pictures and memories from the past few months so you can look back with joy.
- Go camping. The weather looks set to stay nice over the holidays and the campsites are open again, so pack up your tent (and everything but the kitchen sink if you’re like me) and head off to a campsite. You might even be lucky enough to see Comet Neowise and the Perseid Meteor Shower
- Head to the beach. This is something we’ve longed to do since the start of lockdown. Obviously as long as it’s not as crazy as it was in Bournemouth that week then we’ll be packing our bucket and spade ready for a fun filled day at the seaside.
- Make art together. Get the craft materials out in the garden and create a masterpiece together. You could enter our latest prize draw to win a keyring with your child’s design on it too.
- Watch a sunrise and sunset together. There’s something beautiful and romantic about watching the sun rise and set in the sky. Take some time to do this to add to their memory bank.
It’s all well and good making memories but remember to also take some time for you too. I saw this on Facebook the other day and thought there was some great advice in here.
Let us know what you’ll be doing over the summer in the comments below...